Vacancy Notice N° e104/2017
Junior Professional Programme – Assistant Lawyer – Armenia (Grade B3)
Registry of the European Court of Human Rights
The principal duties of an assistant lawyer consist of assisting more senior members of staff in the preparation of correspondence with applicants and draft decisions in standard form cases.
Under the authority of the Registrar of the European Court of Human Rights and of a Head of a Division, the incumbent will be responsible for the following:
- examines and deals with applications in prima facie inadmissible cases and in cases which can be dealt with in a standard manner;
- drafts decisions, minutes, reports, notes and other documents;
- advises applicants, in correspondence or, if necessary, in interviews, on the conditions of admissibility of applications;
- attends the Court’s sessions and presents applications;
- assists one or more experienced case-lawyers, where necessary, in the preparation of Chamber cases for examination by the Court.
Please note that the incumbent may be required to perform other duties not listed in the vacancy notice.
Location : Strasbourg, France
Closing date: 02 November 2017