Advanced Reporting Business News in the Digital Age
The Thomson Reuters Foundation is organizing a week long training program to equip journalists with the skills necessary to cover financial and business news in key areas such as economics, commodities, energy, companies, foreign exchange and financial markets. Led by seasoned Reuters’ journalists with deep experience covering business beats, the course will show you how to make the link between money and people; where to find new sources to report on business news and how to use digital tools to tell financial stories.
Participants will practice turning complicated financial concepts into clear, informative news stories that meet international standards of journalism within a mentored framework. The emphasis is on producing real journalism of the highest standard.
Full-time journalists who have at least five years of experience and work at print, broadcast or online media organizations.
Before attending this course participants:
- Should be able to demonstrate a solid understanding of financial journalism;
- Will be able to structure a news story, including writing leads, interviewing sources, and producing accurate copy;
- Must have a good level of spoken and written English.
Bursaries for journalists from the developing world/countries in political transition working for organisations with no resources for training will be available. Bursaries would include economy travel expenses and accommodation. This arrangement is subject to variation.
Start date: Oct 12, 2015
End date: Oct 16, 2015
Location: London, UK – England and Wales
How to apply?
You should apply online by sending the following documents:
- A short biography of no more than 250 words;
- A statement of between 250 and 500 words describing any factors affecting your work as a journalist. Explain how you hope to benefit from the course for which you are applying;
- A story of the state of your national economy.
Application deadline is 17 August 2015.
If you have any questions please email to TRFMedia@thomsonreuters.com.
For more information please visit the official website.