to join the investment and portfolio team, which originates, manages and monitors IFC’s financial sector investments in Sub-Saharan Africa. The Analyst will report to the Financial Institutions Manager, Sub-Saharan Africa.
Investment analysts work closely with IFC’s investment officers, who are responsible for the design, negotiation, structuring and subsequent supervision of the Corporation’s investment projects. Investment analysts help identify and appraise new investments and assist investment officers in monitoring and supervising the existing portfolio of investments. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Participating in investment appraisals and negotiations; creating financial models to support the investment analysis.
• Analyzing historical and projected financial statements of prospective clients.
• Monitoring existing investments in portfolio companies, including various types of financial entities.
• Conducting industry and market research, and assisting in IFC’s business development efforts.
• Reviewing company information and preparing internal reports based on periodic financial statements, project progress reports, and other information submitted by clients.
• Establishing and maintaining client relationships to ensure responsive client service.
IFC, the private sector arm of the World Bank Group, is the largest multilateral provider of financing for private enterprise in emerging markets. IFC provides loans, equity, structured finance and risk management tools as well as advisory services to build the private sector in developing countries. IFC invests in private sector projects that are financially and economically viable and have a substantial development impact. The Corporation is headquartered in Washington, D.C. It has three hubs in Sub-Saharan Africa (Johannesburg, Dakar, and Nairobi) and several field offices.
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Application deadline: 03/14/2014