The International Finance Corporation (IFC) is currently seeking expressions of interest for Investment Analyst positions that are expected to become available over the next 3-6 months in Washington and in our regional offices.
Investment analysts are an integral part of a project team and are given high levels of responsibility and broad exposure to the many aspects of international project and corporate finance.
IFC recruits investment analysts globally on two-year term contracts extendable to a maximum of four years. Upon completion of their contracts, investment analysts typically leave to pursue a graduate degree or additional work experience, while a select number are promoted directly to Investment Officer positions. Due to the high level of responsibility and the unique nature of their work, IFC’s investment analysts are accepted by leading graduate programs worldwide. In some cases, upon completion of their graduate degrees, analysts return to IFC as investment officers.
- Creating financial models
- Analyzing historical and projected financial statements
- Conducting industry and market research
- Reviewing company information
- Preparing documentation for IFC internal processes
- Participating in investment negotiations
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree
- Up to 3 years work experience in a financial institution or other finance-related field
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills including corporate/project finance
- Ability to develop complex financial models
- Keen interest in development finance and multicultural environments
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
- Fluency in English and proficiency in one or more of Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, and Spanish preferred
Application deadline: March 20, 2014 (12:00am EST)