Reference Number: 170979
Department: Office of the Secretary
Division: The Secretary’s Office
Location: Asian Development Bank Headquarters
Date Posted: Friday, December 1, 2017
Closing Date: Sunday, February 4, 2018 11:59 p.m. (2359 Manila Time, 0800 GMT)
1. INTERNSHIP TOPIC: “Comparative Analysis of (multilateral development bank) MDBs’ Best Practices on the Management of (board of directors) BOD Official Travel.”
2. SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION:
The Board of Directors is responsible for the direction of the general operations of the Bank. It exercises all powers delegated to it by the Board of Governors. Part of its job is to conduct official travel as representatives of ADB’s member countries. The assignment will involve looking at best practices and studying occurrence or frequency of exceptions to the Bank’s implementing travel guidelines.
3. PERIOD OF ASSIGNMENT:
- Duration: 8-10 weeks
- Timing: June to August 2018
ADB provides a stipend of 69 USD per day for a maximum of 56 calendar days only. Interns may choose to continue work beyond 56 calendar days in agreement with the designated supervisors, but without stipend.
4. LOCATION: ADB Headquarters, Manila, Philippines
5. EXPECTED OUTCOMES:
i. Compiling historic, statistical data to generate required profile of ADB’s Board of Directors (gender, age.
ii. Management of the BOD Official Travel Budget – who manages, how managed
iii. Special focus on the Board Group Visit (BGV) Travel – Exceptions to established Guidelines
iv. Comparison of ADB’s (resident) Board Travel with other MDB’s (non-resident) Board Travel (i.e. AIIB).
6. EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s degree. Master’s or PhD degree candidate in the area of international relations, development economics, or public administration.
7. RELEVANT EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
– Very good research and analytical skills. Good knowledge in planning and budget analysis.
– Excellent command of written and spoken English. Proficient in MS applications.
– Works pleasantly with others. Thinks out of the box.
Upload the following documents in the “Attachments” section of your application:
1. Curriculum vitae (CV)
2. Proof of enrollment to a Masters or PhD program. Inclusive dates should confirm that you will be enrolled during the intended period of assignment.
3. Essay in MS WORD or PDF document, maximum of 1500 words per question. (Please see essay questions below)
(1) Describe one example of your experience that demonstrated your interest in working in ADB.
(2) Highlight your qualifications that will help accomplish this internship assignment (e.g., coursework, research, work experience, etc.).