Under the authority of the Head of the Procurement Department, the incumbent will perform various procurement-related administrative tasks in accordance with general guidelines and priorities, ensuring quality, efficiency, rigour and compliance with schedules and guidelines.
* External recruitment procedure organised in accordance with Article 15B of the Regulations on Appointments
The incumbent performs the following key duties:
- processes purchase requests made by the Directorate General of Administration (checks that requests are in conformity with Council of Europe rules for routine files, and does likewise in co-operation with his/her manager for complex files);
- prepares tender files according to instructions (verifies the documents and participates in the preparation of the files to be submitted to the Tenders Board);
- contributes to the search for suppliers (sourcing) and keeps the suppliers database up-to-date;
- participates in the preparation of annual purchasing forecasts on the basis of information provided by order originators;
- prepares data, including statistical data, for purchases analysis purposes;
- reports to his/her manager on the activities’ progress and draws attention to any problems.
Please note that the incumbent may be required to perform other duties not listed in the vacancy notice.
Closing date: 31 January 2018
Location : Strasbourg, France