Reference Number: 170980
Department: Office of the Auditor General
Division: Office of the Auditor General
Location: Asian Development Bank Headquarters
Date Posted: Friday, December 1, 2017
Closing Date: Sunday, February 4, 2018 11:59 p.m. (2359 Manila Time, 0800 GMT)
1. INTERNSHIP TOPIC: “Cognitive Country Risk Assessment Model for Internal Audit.”
2. SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION:
The Office of the Auditor General (OAG) needs to determine which country portfolios need to be audited each year based on a risk assessment ranking. This internship will study the feasibility of developing such a model, using high level technologies, such as artificial intelligence or machine learning. The input data may include external data, such as macro-economic data and news articles; and internal data, such as ADB’s historical loan, grant and financial data; and unstructured data from various ADB management and project reports.
3. PERIOD OF ASSIGNMENT:
- Duration: 26 weeks
- Timing: June 2018
ADB provides a stipend of 69 USD per day for a maximum of 56 calendar days only. Interns may choose to continue work beyond 56 calendar days in agreement with the designated supervisors, but without stipend.
4. LOCATION: ADB Headquarters, Manila, Philippines
5. EXPECTED OUTCOMES:
A proof of concept report detailing the feasibility of adopting high-level technologies, such as artificial intelligence or machine learning technologies, to rank risks to determine country portfolio audit priorities.
Assist OAG in determining whether artificial intelligence and machine learning technologies could be used in risk analysis for use in developing audit priorities.
Assist OAG in developing a more comprehensive and efficient method to assess country risks for internal audit purposes.
6. EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
Master’s degree candidate, with specialization in Computer Science, Finance, or other relevant applied science.
Preference for specialization in artificial intelligence or machine learning.
7. RELEVANT EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Hands-on experience in developing, testing, and using artificial intelligence or machine learning technologies for cognitive analysis.
Upload the following documents in the “Attachments” section of your application:
1. Curriculum vitae (CV)
2. Proof of enrollment to a Masters or PhD program. Inclusive dates should confirm that you will be enrolled during the intended period of assignment.
3. Essay in MS WORD or PDF document, maximum of 1500 words per question. (Please see essay questions below)
(1) Describe one example of your experience that demonstrated your interest in working in ADB.
(2) Highlight your qualifications that will help accomplish this internship assignment (e.g., coursework, research, work experience, etc.).