Reference Number: 170974
Department: Office of Public-Private Partnership
Division: Office of Public-Private Partnership
Location: Asian Development Bank Headquarters
Date Posted: Friday, December 1, 2017
Closing Date: Sunday, February 4, 2018 11:59 p.m. (2359 Manila Time, 0800 GMT)
1. INTERNSHIP TOPIC:
“a. Assessing advisory services for possible PPP projects in a new greenfield city.
b. Assisting business development for ADB’s advisory services
c. Supporting implementation of OPPP’s marketing plan for PPP transaction advisory services and execution of advisory mandates.”
2. SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION :
a. Conduct research, financial analysis, modelling, and structuring for PPP projects
b. Identify potential target sponsors in developed countries and ADB developing member countries for possible transactions
c. Assist collecting project information in transport, power/renewable energy, healthcare, and water sectors through ADB’s internal networks such as Resident Missions/Regional Departments/Private Sector Operations Department and analyze market trend.
d. Support the implementation of OPPP’s marketing plan for PPP transaction advisory services and assist execution of advisory mandates.
– OPPP’s Transaction Advisory Services is a dynamic and fast-moving business and the internship topic and job description may change depending on the then business needs.
3. PERIOD OF ASSIGNMENT:
- Duration: 10-14 weeks
- Timing: June 2018
ADB provides a stipend of 69 USD per day for a maximum of 56 calendar days only. Interns may choose to continue work beyond 56 calendar days in agreement with the designated supervisors, but without stipend.
4. LOCATION: ADB Headquarters, Manila, Philippines
5. EXPECTED OUTCOMES:
a. Report on PPP project evaluated
b. Propose a list of possible sponsors and transactions
6. EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
MBA student or equivalent
7. RELEVANT EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
At least 3 years of work experience working with private sector financial institution and/or in infrastructure sector.
Upload the following documents in the “Attachments” section of your application:
1. Curriculum vitae (CV)
2. Proof of enrollment to a Masters or PhD program. Inclusive dates should confirm that you will be enrolled during the intended period of assignment.
3. Essay in MS WORD or PDF document, maximum of 1500 words per question. (Please see essay questions below)
(1) Describe one example of your experience that demonstrated your interest in working in ADB.
(2) Highlight your qualifications that will help accomplish this internship assignment (e.g., coursework, research, work experience, etc.).