Reference Number: 171025
Department: Strategy, Policy and Review Department
Division: Japanese Representative Office
Location: Japanese Representative Office
Date Posted: Friday, December 15, 2017
Closing Date: Sunday, February 4, 2018 11:59 p.m. (2359 Manila Time, 0800 GMT)
1. INTERNSHIP TOPIC: “A Study on effective communications tools / methods and strategies.”
2. SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION:
1) To carry out analysis on target audiences, existing communications tools, media and communications trends particularly in Japan and available resources;
2) Study the needs and expectation of the audiences and the methodologies to effectively address them;
3) Study how to reach out those who may not have any interests in ADB or ADB’s activities or proactively reached by the Office and how to reach out possible new audiences;
4) Examine time- and cost-effective ways to produce information materials and SNS/website contents in Japanese and test the impacts;
5) Study on effective information dissemination methods for the Japanese audiences;
6) Compile the findings and test-implement the recommendations.
7) Based on the actual test results, write up revised realistic and implementable recommendations, taking into account resources;
8) When and where appropriate, assist with other tasks as required by the Office to gain the practical experiences and challenges that would be useful to carry out the above-mentioned studies.
3. PERIOD OF ASSIGNMENT:
- Duration: 26 weeks
- Timing: June 2018
ADB provides a stipend of 69 USD per day for a maximum of 56 calendar days only. Interns may choose to continue work beyond 56 calendar days in agreement with the designated supervisors, but without stipend.
4. LOCATION: Japanese Representative Office, Tokyo, Japan
5. EXPECTED OUTCOMES:
The receiving Office (Japanese Representative Office) expects to build on the studies and endeavor to raise the profile of ADB and better serve the needs for the target audiences particularly in Japan.
6. EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
The Intern should ideally have the following academic background; Masters or PhD candidate in International Relations, Public Relations, Communication Studies, Journalism, Marketing.
7. RELEVANT EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
The Intern should ideally have experience in engaging in public information, outreach activities and practical experience in website/social media management.
Fluency in both English and Japanese with excellent writing skills.
Upload the following documents in the “Attachments” section of your application:
1. Curriculum vitae (CV)
2. Proof of enrollment to a Masters or PhD program. Inclusive dates should confirm that you will be enrolled during the intended period of assignment.
3. Essay in MS WORD or PDF document, maximum of 1500 words per question. (Please see essay questions below)
(1) Describe one example of your experience that demonstrated your interest in working in ADB.
(2) Highlight your qualifications that will help accomplish this internship assignment (e.g., coursework, research, work experience, etc.).