Reference Number: 170981
Department: Controller’s Department
Division: Technical Assistance Section, CTLA
Location: Asian Development Bank Headquarters
Date Posted: Friday, December 1, 2017
Closing Date: Sunday, February 4, 2018 11:59 p.m. (2359 Manila Time, 0800 GMT)
1. INTERNSHIP TOPIC : “TA claims – support for ongoing workflow optimization.”
2. SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION:
i. Review and assess CTLA-TA’s current claims review process. Work closely with staff to understand current process objectives and constraints.
ii. Identify key dependencies on and impact of relevant upstream processes including consultant and non-consultant contracts.
iii. Using a risk based approach, identify possible process efficiencies to further stream line end to end processes.
iv. At both general environment and detailed application level, identify and analyze efficiencies and control strengthening that can be further instituted in the TA claims.
v. Analyze and report CTLA-TA gathered data to support findings and recommendations.
vi. Present findings and recommendations to Supervisors and Assistant Controller.
3. PERIOD OF ASSIGNMENT:
- Duration: 10 weeks
- Timing: June 2018
ADB provides a stipend of 69 USD per day for a maximum of 56 calendar days only. Interns may choose to continue work beyond 56 calendar days in agreement with the designated supervisors, but without stipend.
4. LOCATION: ADB Headquarters, Manila, Philippines
5. EXPECTED OUTCOMES:
– Report on TA claims – support for ongoing workflow optimization
– Recommend possible further process efficiencies and control strengthening over the TA claims process.
6. EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
University accounting/audit degree and/or post graduate student in accounting/audit qualification (academic or professional)
7. RELEVANT EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Audit, accounting or business process re-engineering or work-flow optimization.
Upload the following documents in the “Attachments” section of your application:
1. Curriculum vitae (CV)
2. Proof of enrollment to a Masters or PhD program. Inclusive dates should confirm that you will be enrolled during the intended period of assignment.
3. Essay in MS WORD or PDF document, maximum of 1500 words per question. (Please see essay questions below)
(1) Describe one example of your experience that demonstrated your interest in working in ADB.
(2) Highlight your qualifications that will help accomplish this internship assignment (e.g., coursework, research, work experience, etc.).