UNDP Environment and Energy Group (EEG) is based in UNDP’s Bureau of Development Policy (BDP) and is responsible for providing leadership and technical support to delivery of the Environment and Sustainable Development pillar of UNDP’s Strategic Plan. Its main focus is to help countries develop the capacity to fully incorporate environmental sustainability into development at national and local, but also global and regional, levels. The principal areas of work are in environmental mainstreaming, environmental finance, adaptation to climate change, and local governance of resources, including energy.
Objectives of the assignment:
The intern, under the supervision of a Regional Technical Advisor on Adaptation, will support UNDP-GEF’s work on (a) integrated climate change strategies; (b) climate resilient livelihoods and (c) climate information and early warning systems as per the Scope of Work below.
Scope of Work:
The intern will:
- Undertake research in support of programmes/projects developed by the UNDP-GEF /GLECRDS team. This includes also editing, translation, formatting work and review of documents;
- Support GLECRDS Regional Technical Advisors with annual project reviews including compiling critical information on project results and impacts;
- Undertake monitoring visits to projects including supporting monitoring of project results and reporting;
- Prepare case studies for UNDP-GEF publications including global newsletters, pamphlets, and communication material;
- Maintain existing UNDP-ALM databases up to date with information from projects including results achieved, pictures, videos, news articles;
- Supporting the organizing of regional meetings for projects on Early Warning and National Adaptation Plans (in coordination with global and regional UNDP-GEF teams).
Duration of the assignment, duty station and conditions governing the Internship:
The internship will be for a period of 6 months, starting in January 2015.
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Application Deadline: 12-Dec-14