Project Officer – Air pollution and climate change mitigation monitoring, reporting and verification – Contract Agent (FG III)
The European Environment Agency (EEA) is organising an open competition with a view to recruiting a contract agent to support data compilation and assessment activities within the area of air pollution and climate change mitigation and further with a view to establishing a reserve list.
Under the responsibility of the Head of the Climate Change Mitigation and Energy Group, reporting to the Head of the Air and Climate Change Programme, the Project Officer shall be responsible for supporting work in various of EEA’s core areas of air pollution and greenhouse gas mitigation, where high quality data management in particular (i.e. the organisation, integration & processing, assimilation & analysis, quality control, and dissemination) is essential.
The position will entail the following tasks:
- Supporting the compilation and publication of data from EEA countries, EU partners and other international organisations, in particular the preparation and implementation of new reporting provisions relevant to EEA under the GHG Monitoring Mechanism Regulation, proposed revised EU National Emissions Ceiling (NEC) Directive, and the UNECE LRTAP Convention;
- Ensuring a high level of quality in EEA’s datasets by performing advanced numerical data analysis of various data sets, and contributing to data review and quality assurance/quality control activities under the EU Effort Sharing Decision, NEC Directive, LRTAP Convention etc.;
- Leading on the preparation of different EEA products, including indicator factsheets, web-based data viewers, reports, briefings etc.;
- Providing data support to EEA’s assessment related activities across the air pollution and climate change mitigation area including on policy effectiveness and reports tracking progress of EEA’s member countries towards objectives contained in EU and international air and climate change legislation;
- Contributing to capacity building activities to assist EEA Member and cooperating countries with international and EU monitoring, reporting and verification (MRV) obligations in the area of air pollution and climate change mitigation.
The place of work will be Copenhagen, Denmark.
Closing date for application: Friday 26 September 2014, at 12.00 (Central European Time)