The Delegation of European Union to the Republic of Azerbaijan is looking for an International Aid and Cooperation Officer.
The selected person will work under the supervision of the Head of Operations section. The Delegation is an international working environment where European working standards are highly valued. The working hours are from 09.00 until 17.30 and flexitime is offered to give flexible working hours. The duration of the contract will be six months for the period of January – June 2015 with a possible extension.
Under the supervision of the Head of Cooperation, assist in the definition, implementation, monitoring and follow-up of EU funded programmes and projects relevant to Azerbaijan. To assist the Head of Cooperation in coordinating activities of the cooperation section in the delegation.
• Provide overall support to the Cooperation Section in its activities, in particular with
reference to horizontal tasks.
• Contribute to drafts and updates of reports, synthesis, briefing notes and other documents to be prepared by the Cooperation section;
• Contribute to the coordination of Twinning, Taiex and Sigma instruments in Azerbaijan;
• Manage the SIBA project, including contract related tasks (management of the service contract, payments, etc.) and fulfil role as “gestionnaire operationel” in the CRIS project management database
• Organise, support and accompany, as necessary, and assist in reporting on incoming missions from the Commission or, if requested, from other EU institutions. Assist/provide input for agenda and briefings.
• Maintain dialogue with all the relevant stakeholders (such as local authorities, EU Member States’ representations, NGOs, donors, etc.);
• Contribute to effective coordination with other donors;
• Contribute to the preparation, monitoring, appraisal and follow-up of projects in the field of international aid & cooperation by means of the IT tools developed;
• Contribute to the programming, identification and appraisal of programmes, the launch and monitoring of calls for proposals, tenders, evaluation, selection and contracting procedures;
• Assist in evaluation and audit activities and contribute to the preparation of evaluation and audit reports;
• Participate in various public events (workshops, conferences, etc.) aimed at presenting the results of projects and programmes, in view of ensuring visibility;
• Help in the dissemination of best practices and facilitation of exchange of experiences;
Other tasks as designated by the Head of Cooperation and/or Head of Delegation.
Application deadline: 20 October 2014