The EU Delegation to Kazakhstan is looking for an Information and Communication Assistant
Promoting information on the European Union in Kazakhstan, and providing visibility of the European Union work in the country, including technical assistance and other programmes through ensuring extensive coverage of the activities of the European Union in the press, TV and other media, organization of interviews, press conferences, visits, cultural events and other programme activites.
Assisting in the management of the internal and external communication of the DelegationMonitor EU and Central Asia news from different sources and its further dissemination
- Monitor media coverage of the EU and Delegation activities;
- Maintain databases of media and journalists contacts and professional networks;
- Drafting weekly electronic Newsletter;
- Supply news for the Daily Developments, drafting and dissemination of the Daily Developments;
- Preparation and issuing press releases and informational materials;
- Distribution of information on EU and related matters, responding to information enquires from other organisations and individuals;
- Production management of all corresponding materials, their following distribution
- Team work with PPI colleagues in implementation of cultural events, receptions, round tables, negotiations and other Delegation’s events and work with partners and suppliers.
Delegation web-site content management
- Act as an Internet Editor on behalf of Delegation and a contact point for the HQ;
- Carry out day-to-day management and update of website content;
- Act as Delegation website interlocutor with web host and headquarters;
- Liaise with IT support in HQ for minor technical problems;
- Ensure the quality control of the website contents; verify that information is regularly updated.
Assisting in the management of the delegation’s information budget
- Team work with other Section members on matters of annual programme planning, assistance to Head of Section in budget planning.
Candidates for the post should be nationals of the Republic of Kazakhstan or possess a work permit.
Closing date: 24 March 2014