Vacancy notice for the establishment of a reserve list for: ICT Support Officer, Eurojust
The ICT Support Officer will provide support to users and contribute to the design, management and maintenance of ICT services and infrastructure at Eurojust. He or she will report directly to the Head of Sector – ICT Operations.
The successful applicant will be performing the following activities:
A. Second line ICT support:
- Solve more complicated technical hardware and software issues, escalated by the help desk;
- Monitor the availability of delivered user services and follow up on incidents and
events reported by the monitoring system;
- Prepare, deploy, maintain and change hardware and software in relation to the
desktop computing environment and in line with existing procedures;
- Escalate and consult on issues and incidents that cannot be resolved within the
agreed timeframe of the SLA to the next level of support and/or management depending on the cause and nature of the reported problem;
- Maintain designated software and ICT infrastructure; and
- Provide input on ICT purchases; monitor stock and depreciation of equipment.
B. Operational support:
- Test new software deliveries related to upgrades, patches or releases of operational
- Prepare relevant updates to the computing environment; and
- Support the delivery of specific key packages relating to security (software
distribution, virus protection and laptop encryption).
C. Technical documentation and support:
- Register solutions to problems and incidents in the knowledge database in order to share knowledge;
- Contribute to the drafting of user manuals, guidelines and system documentation;
- Contribute to the review and development of policies and procedures, assist with the implementation and identify best practice to improve existing processes and share innovations.
- Join projects where appropriate for the Sector or Unit
Location: The Hague, Netherlands
Application deadline: 05 July 2015