The EIB, the European Union’s Bank, in the framework of its GRAD programme, is seeking to recruit for its Compliance Directorate (OCCO) – Compliance Operations Division (OCCO/-/OPS) at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a:
Graduate (GRAD) – Compliance Operations
The term of this contract will be 2 years
Panel interviews are anticipated for mid-February 2018.
Job ID 104780
The Graduate will contribute to the identification, assessment and management of Compliance issues related to the Bank’s lending and borrowing activities by providing assistance to Compliance Officers both in the Compliance Operations Division and the tax team in carrying out relevant Compliance due diligence tasks, and by contributing to research and comparative studies in the area of AML-CFT and Sanctions as well as tax good governance.
The successful candidate will report to the Head of the Compliance Operations Division. S/he will be assigned to one or several Compliance Officers in the Compliance Operations Division and/or the tax team, but also have regular contact with other colleagues in OCCO and different Directorates.
Under supervision of the Head of the Compliance Operations Division and Compliance Officers in charge, the Graduate will be responsible for participating in all tasks related to the above and perform the following activities:
- Assist in carrying out relevant integrity checks and Compliance due diligence in connection with the Bank’s lending and borrowing activities;
- Contribute to collecting, centralising and managing all relevant information necessary for the well-functioning of the Compliance Operations Division;
- Assist in drafting OCCO Opinions as well as OCCO Comments, notes and internal operating guidelines;
- Prepare presentation and training materials;
- Participate and prepare working meetings, including note-taking and preparing summaries of discussions and decisions taken at meetings;
- Research and comparative studies in the area of AML-CFT, related integrity issues, Sanctions and good tax governance;
- Benchmark EIB due diligence methodologies and findings with comparable institutions;
- Contribute to the document management and business process management.
- University degree in a business related subject, preferably Finance, Economic, Law or in Business Administration
- Experience in Compliance matters, notably AML-CFT, Sanctions and tax good governance is a considerable plus.
- Proficiency in MS Office Tools (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power-point)
- Understanding of the EU institutional and political framework in which the Bank operates and of the Bank’s activities.
- Excellent knowledge of English or French, with a good knowledge of the other. Knowledge of other EU languages would be an advantage
- Work experience should be limited to a maximum of two years after graduation, excluding summer jobs and internships.
- Achievement Drive: continually keeps an eye on performance, focusing on improving it, showing drive and determination to meet short and long-term goals.
- Change Orientation: Adapts to differences and changes in the environment; takes a flexible approach to reach outcomes.
- Collaboration: Works cooperatively as part of a team; works collaboratively with peers across organisational boundaries based on a genuine interest in and an accurate understanding of others and their individual perspectives and concerns.
- Organisational Commitment: Is willing to commit to an organisation whose mission is to support Europe and is open to diversity, and to align her/his own behaviour with the organisation’s needs and intrinsic values, acting with integrity in ways that promote the organisation’s mission, policies and rules.
Deadline for applications: 20th December 2017
For more information and to apply, please visit https://erecruitment.eib.org
We believe that Diversity is good for our people and our business. We promote and value diversity and inclusion among our staff and candidates, irrespective of their gender, age, nationality, race, culture, education and experience, religious beliefs, sexual orientation or disability
Targeted start date: 1st of April 2018.