The Delegation of the European Union to Federal Republic of Nigeria has a vacancy for a Local Agent in the section dealing with Finances & Contracts.
Candidates who previously applied need not re-apply.
Overall purpose: Under the supervision of the Head of Section, the Finances & Contracts Assistant is expected to assist in the contractual and financial management of projects and programmes funded by the European Union, in particular with tender procedures, calls for proposals, contracts, payments and follow-up of audit matters as well as to advise operational sections and beneficiaries/contractors in contractual, financial and audit matters.
Functions and duties include financial management such as:
- Contributing to the application of sound financial management as well as legality and regularity of the implementation by the Delegation and the Nigerian/ECOWAS authorities of EC/EDF financial cooperation programmes and projects.
- General management and/or follow-up of the contracts
- Ensuring analysis of invoices, proper preparation and execution of payment orders.
- Assisting in the planning and implementation of audit including field missions activities
- Other tasks related to the financial implementation of EU development programmes
Application deadline: 01 August 2014