The European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT) aims to become a flagship for excellence in European innovation.
The EIT is the first European initiative to integrate fully the three sides of the ‘Knowledge Triangle’ (higher education, research, business-innovation) and will seek to stand out as a world-class innovation-oriented reference model, inspiring and driving change in existing education and research institutions. Conceived with a clear market-driven focus, the EIT will favour sustainable economic growth and job creation throughout the Union by generating new skills, products, services and business responding both to public demand and to the needs of the knowledge economy.
The EIT is now organising a call for expressions of interest with a view to establishing a reserve list for Contract Staff (CA) for the profile of Finance Assistant. The place of employment will be Budapest, where the EIT seat is located.
• Registration and administration of incoming invoices, reimbursement request, cost claims in the European Commission’s financial system (ABAC)
• Financial initiation of financial transactions including commitments, de-commitments, payments, recovery orders, guarantees and credit operations in ABAC
• Collect, check and process all documentation required to support the commitment, decommitment, payment requests, recovery orders and credit operations
• Follow-up the financial implementation of commitments, preparation of de-commitments and ensuring timely closure of administrative commitments
• Provide general administrative support, including document archiving, drafting and formatting of financial documents
• Support in the preparation, planning, reporting, forecast and follow-up of the budget
• Assist in the development and implementation of financial procedures and the elaboration and updating of model documents
• Provide advice and support on financial practices in line with EU and EIT budgetary, financial and contractual rules
• Provide support in preparing external and internal audits
• Liaise with external providers on any financial aspects
• Provide support and assistance on any financial matters to staff
• Back-up mission coordinator, namely check mission orders and/or mission claims
• Execute any other tasks corresponding to the profile and grade, as deemed necessary in the interest of the service
Deadline for applications: 24 October 2014 at midday (12:00 Budapest time)