Vacancy Announcement UNEP Brussels Office: Administrative Assistant
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is the United Nations system’s designated entity for addressing environmental issues at the global and regional level. Its mandate is to coordinate the development of environmental policy consensus by keeping the global environment under review and bringing emerging issues to the attention of governments in the international community for Action. UNEP’s Regional Office for Europe helps to implement UNEP’s global programs in the European region by initiating, coordinating and catalysing regional and sub-regional cooperation and action in response to environmental problems and emergencies. This post is located in the UNEP Regional Office for Europe (ROE) at the Brussels duty station.
Under the supervision of the Head of the UNEP Brussels Office, the incumbent is responsible for the following duties:
(1) Provide assistance on human resources issues – In collaboration with UNEP Regional office for Europe, perform human resources management of all categories of staff in the Brussels office.
(2) Provide administrative support and secretarial management – draft and prepare correspondence for the signature of the Head of Office; set up and maintain a filing system for the administrative work; provide assistance in the preparation of meetings; keep a good functioning of the tools of the office; coordination with IT helpdesk unit; set up Video Conference facilities; in charge or archives and publications.
(3) Provide support to financial management such as preparation of the annual budget; maintenance of financial record; collaboration with the Regional Office to monitor record and reconcile expenditures; payments of invoices; diplomatic exonerations including tax free claims; in charge of procurement and inventory; monitor office budget and participate in budget analysis and discussions.
(4) Provide assistance to preparation of missions and travels.
(5) Provide assistance to joint UN management (Security/Greening); in charge of UN House common matters for UNEP Brussels including acting as focal point for security in the building and in Brussels, common premises; shared costs and shared actions with other UN agencies; in charge of coordinating the “Greening the UN House Brussels” initiative.
(6) Perform any other relevant duties assigned.
Appointment against this post is for an initial period of one year and may be subject to extension.
Application deadline: 1 November 2014