The European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT) aims to become a flagship for excellence in European innovation.
The EIT is the first European initiative to integrate fully the three sides of the ‘Knowledge Triangle’ (higher education, research, business-innovation) and will seek to stand out as a world-class innovation-oriented reference model, inspiring and driving change in existing education and research institutions. Conceived with a clear market-driven focus, the EIT will favour sustainable economic
growth and job creation throughout the Union by generating new skills, products, services and business responding both to public demand and to the needs of the knowledge economy.
The EIT is now organising a call for expressions of interest with a view to establishing a reserve list for Contract Staff (CA) for the profile of IT Assistant. The place of employment will be Budapest, where the EIT seat is located.
In particular the jobholder will be asked to perform the following tasks, under the supervision of the IT Officer:
• Install, configure, monitor and administer computer systems and networks, both physical and virtualised;
• Ensure the proper recording, follow-up and resolution of IT incidents and change requests;
• Ensure proper configuration and troubleshooting of hardware, software and peripheral equipment;
• Implement the back-up policy and disaster recovery policy, and contribute to their
• Configuration and administration of Exchange, SharePoint, SQL, Lync and UAG servers;
• Support the internal telephony and IP-based videoconferencing systems;
• Support logistically the IT related activities – IT inventory, receiving and moving of IT
• Assist in the design, writing and deployment of ICT policies, procedures and guidelines, contribute in the drafting of technical specifications for procurement needs;
• Assist with document management procedures, including internal planning, co-ordination and reporting;
• Provide user training on specific or standard office applications and produce technical and user-oriented documentation;
• Any other tasks corresponding to the profile and grade, as deemed necessary in the interest of the service.
Deadline for applications: 24 October 2014 at midday (12:00 Budapest time)