ICLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability is the world’s leading association of over 1,000 metropolises, cities, and urban regions dedicated to promoting global sustainability through local action. Their Members represent 20 per cent of the world’s urban population and work on greening their economies and infrastructure and becoming sustainable, resilient, resource-efficient, biodiverse, low-carbon and healthy and happy. ICLEI works on a non-for-profit basis through a World Secretariat in Bonn, Germany and 18 Regional Secretariats and Country Offices around the globe.
ICLEI has an opening for an
Event Assistant, Resilient Cities
The selected candidate will assist the Resilient Cities team at the ICLEI World Secretariat in Bonn, Germany.
Support the team of Resilient Cities 2015 (6th Global Forum on Urban Resilience and Adaptation to Climate Change) with the organization and delivery of the congress to be held from 8 to 10 June 2015 in Bonn, Germany with a focus on logistics, in particular:
– Assist in the event logistics including communication with the venue and local service providers
– Support the registration process
– Manage partners and participants by also using databases
– Manage funded participants including assisting with travel booking, accommodation, and reimbursements
– Communicate with partners, funders, sponsors and participants
– Edit congress web pages
– Be involved in the post congress follow up
– Support the general congress implementation
– Degree in a relevant subject such as either Communications, Events Management, International Relations, Urban Planning & Management or similar
– Interest in event organization
– Organizing skills, organized working style, creative and pro-active attitude – Interest in the areas of cities and local government is an asset;
– Good communication style, writing and orally
– Confident user of Microsoft Office. Some databases, web editing experience (Typo3 or other CMS), desktop publishing software (preferably InDesign); social media experience is an asset;
– Excellent command of English and German (written and spoken), additional languages are an asset
Terms and conditions:
– The position is available from 15 April 2015 at the ICLEI World Secretariat in Bonn, Germany for a duration of 6 months to support the delivery and wrap-up of the congress. The assistant reports to the Resilient Cities Program Manager in close cooperation with the Events Officer.
– ICLEI offers assistants a cost compensation of 1,473.33 Euro per month,
– Workings hours: 40/week, 2 days of paid leave per month (i.e. 12 days for six months)
– Working language: English
– Due to legal requirements, applicants must be eligible to obtain the appropriate work permit for Germany prior to the start of the position.
Application Deadline: 10 April 2015