ICLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability is an association of over 1,000 metropolises, cities, and urban regions dedicated to promoting global sustainability through local action. Their Members represent 20 per cent of the world’s urban population and work on greening their economies and infrastructure and becoming sustainable, resilient, resource-efficient, biodiverse, low-carbon and healthy and happy. ICLEI works on a non-for-profit basis through a World Secretariat in Bonn, Germany and 18 Regional Secretariats and Country Offices around the globe.
ICLEI are offering an
Internship as Urban Research Assistant
in the Capacity Center at the ICLEI World Secretariat in Bonn, Germany.
The ICLEI Capacity Center is a division of the ICLEI World Secretariat, which serves key organizational functions for the World Secretariat and the entire global organization and implements and/or manages projects within the World Secretariat.
Assisting the Capacity Center’s work on capturing and processing knowledge and information from internal and external sources on local governments and sustainability, may include:
• Researching facts and figures for strategic briefings and other documents.
• Editing and preparing reports and documents, notably Briefing Sheets on topical issues.
• Support ICLEI’s global content management function.
• Produce presentation materials incl. graphics, charts and PowerPoint slides.
• Support the implementation of studies and research projects.
• Researching and compiling global data sources on indicators and data applicable to local sustainability
• Support the preparation of project proposals.
• Maintaining relevant pages on the ICLEI websites as well as ICLEI Intranet
• Support the other tasks and functions of the Capacity Center
Terms and conditions
• The Internship position is available from January 2015 at the ICLEI World Secretariat in Bonn, Germany. The duration will be six months. The Intern reports to the Urban Research Officer.
• ICLEI offers interns a cost compensation of Euro 880
• Workings hours: 40/week, 2 days of paid leave per month (i.e. 12 days for six months
• Working language: English
• Due to legal requirements, applicants must be eligible to obtain the appropriate work
permit for Germany prior to the start of the position
Location: Bonn, Germany
Application deadline: 30 November 2014