European Union Delegation in Thailand is looking for an experienced and highly motivated specialist to work in its Economic and Trade Section under the supervision of the Head of Trade Section for the following position:
Economic and Trade Officer
- University degree in economics, preferably studies in international trade or public sector economics.
- A minimum of three years’ job experience within the area of international trade and economic analyses. A solid experience in working with multicultural environment is an advantage.
- A good understanding of multilateral (WTO), regional (ASEAN) and bilateral economic and trade issues and of the EU’s commercial policies and its instruments.
- Full knowledge of information systems related to the collection and analyses of economic data.
- Excellent understanding of local social, economic, financial, commercial and political context, interpersonal and communication skills.
- An existing network in the area of economic information collection is an asset.
- Fluency in Thai. Excellent written and spoken command of English is essential. Knowledge of French is an asset.
- Possess a capacity to write high quality reports in a professional, concise, and timely manner.
- Be an innovative, dispassionate critical thinker, able to work under tight deadlines as part of a multicultural team.
Deadline for a pplications is 30th August 2013 .
Read more and apply here.