Functions and Duties:
- Analysis and follow-up of the national policy context related to trade and investment policy developments in Peru, in the pursuit of EU trade and economic interests.
- Information and intelligence gathering on policy developments and on views in the public and private sectors, academia and the press related to trade and economic policies, as well as contribution to the communication activities of the Section.
- Develop working relations with the relevant national authorities, business representatives, professional organisations, international organisations, Member States and others.
- Speech writing, presentations and briefings on trade and economic issues for the Head of Delegation and the Head of Section.
- Contribute to the Delegation’s periodic and ad hoc reporting on trade and economic issues.
- Contribute to monitoring the implementation of the EU – Peru Free Trade Agreement (FTA), and advice and assist on any trade or economic issues, particularly those arising in the context of the FTA or other market access issues affecting EU interests in Peru. Contribute to preparation and participate in relevant committee meetings in the context of the FTA. Specific technical areas may be assigned according to competencies and experience, for example among the following: tariff policy, customs and trade facilitation, SPS measures, technical standards and barriers, trade in services, intellectual property, procurement, or any other related topics.
- Monitor Peru’s positions in on-going or planned multilateral, regional, or bilateral trade negotiations, and monitor regional policies and regional integration matters in connection with trade.
- State, explain and defend the EU trade and economic policies and positions to domestic audiences, occasionally represent the EU and participate in conferences, meetings and other public events on trade and economic matters.
- Assist in the preparation of trade and economic visits and missions from HQ.
- Assist in the organisation and preparation of monthly meetings with Member States: agenda, meeting reports, identification and invitation of outside speakers.
- On request, assist the cooperation section in the preparation and implementation of trade related cooperation projects.
- Any other task requested by the service.
Last day for submit applications is May 11th, 2014.