Call for an Intern
Policy Monitoring and Communication
The European Youth Forum (YFJ) is recruiting an intern for 6 months, starting at the beginning of August 2014, in the Communications Team within the Secretary-General’s Office of the organisation.
The internship is full time based at the European Youth Forum secretariat in Brussels. The successful candidate will work in close coordination with the Communications Team and the Policy Development and Advocacy Department. The European Youth Forum believes in quality on-the-job learning opportunities and this internship is in line with the European Charter for Quality Internships and Apprenticeships.
The European Youth Forum is the representative Platform of 98 National Youth Councils and International Non Governmental Youth Organisations from across Europe and works for the benefit of all young people in Europe.
• Policy Monitoring: support the monitoring of the institutional development of youth policy already done within the European Youth Forum, according to its strategic priorities: youth participation; strong youth organisations; youth autonomy and inclusion.. The monitoring will be done through the screening of institutional communication channels (EU institutions, Council of Europe, United Nations) and major European media.
• Communication: Drafting of a periodical public bulletin, the European ‘Youth Policy Watch’, which includes the results of the institutional monitoring. Writing articles and news items for the publications of the Youth Forum and any other needs within the communication team to support the general advocacy of the Forum.
WHAT THE EUROPEAN YOUTH FORUM OFFERS
• An interesting and challenging period of work experience in a major Brussels-based NGO, with the opportunity to gain specific knowledge on communication and advocacy related to youth policy, education, social affairs, sustainable development, etc.
• An internship regulated under the conditions of the Belgium internship contract called “Convention d’immersion professionnelle”
• An internship with a compensation of 1.563,80 euros gross paid under the European Youth Forum Collective Bargaining Agreement.
• Coverage of 100% of the public transport travel costs within the Brussels region and of 60% of the public transport travel costs outside the Brussels region.
Deadline for applications: 22 June 2014, 23h59 CET