Closing Date for Applications: Mon, 7 Aug 2017
Functional area: Administration
The Facility Management Business Support (FBS) Section forms part of the Directorate General Administration (DG/A), which is responsible for facility management services throughout the European Central Bank (ECB) and is one of the four Chief Service Officer business areas.
Within DG/A the FBS Section:
- coordinates the preparation of and subsequent follow-up to DG/A’s strategy, budget exercises and corresponding work programmes;
- develops, applies and maintains the DG/A communication strategy;
- develops and operates the DG/A performance management framework (including formulating and tracking, benchmarking and reporting on key performance indicators (KPIs));
- operates the ECB’s environmental management system and works to obtain the relevant certifications;
- supports the divisions within DG/A in preparing and coordinating the Annual Procurement Plan and provides procurement services for strategically important and cross-functional DG/A procurements;
- implements and monitors contractual KPIs (services, data rates, etc.), conducts supplier performance review meetings for strategic and cross-functional contracts and maintains the DG/A contract database;
- coordinates the development and maintenance of the DG/A technology roadmap and IT strategy and operates the IT systems used by DG/A;
- advises senior management and the management team on occupational safety and health issues.
To further enhance the diversity of our team, we particularly encourage applications from female candidates.
As Communications Expert you will:
- contribute to the implementation of an effective communication framework that creates a sense of community within DG/A and promotes relationships across the ECB’s other divisions ;
- advise DG/A divisions on their communication strategies and initiatives, for example helping them to define messages, target audiences and desired communication outcomes;
- provide coaching and develop templates to help DG/A divisions communicate effectively;
- contribute to the development, maintenance and roll-out of DG/A’s annual communication strategy, including liaising with DG/A divisions to define communication objectives aligned with business aims, identify relevant communication products and plan their implementation;
- prepare and roll out DG/A communication events and campaigns and update DG/A’s dedicated intranet portal;
- produce regular communication content (noticeboard announcements, articles, etc.) as well as communication on ad-hoc issues that meets the needs of the targeted audience and achieves the desired communication outcomes;
- measure and monitor communication effectiveness, developing measurement criteria and processes to effectively evaluate DG/A communication initiatives and establishing and tracking metrics to assess the impact of these communication initiatives on employee and organisational performance;
- cooperate closely with the Directorate General Communications as well as colleagues in charge of communications for other Chief Service Officer business areas on communication initiatives beyond DG/A.
Qualifications and experience:
You will bring to the role:
- a master’s degree in communications, journalism, political science or another relevant field, or a bachelor’s degree in one of these fields combined with four years of relevant professional experience;
- in addition, a minimum of three years’ relevant professional experience in the field of internal and external communications, social media or marketing;
- ideally, a minimum of two years of exposure to building, administrative or security services or other facility management-related communication topics;
- a clear understanding of the mission, tasks and responsibilities of the ECB;
- preferably, direct experience of working in the field of employee culture or creating employee communities;
- ideally, a proven ability to measure and analyse communication campaigns;
- awareness of current communication trends;
- an advanced command of English with a proven ability to draft clear and concise texts;
- an intermediate command of at least one other official language of the European Union;
- a working knowledge of MS Office, in particular Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
You will bring your ability to think creatively, communicate and negotiate, prioritise, steer change, manage stakeholders and contribute to the team spirit of the Section.
Fixed-term contract of three years as of the contract starting date, which may be extended subject to individual performance and organisational needs.