The European Union Delegation to Kazakhstan is looking for Budget Officer
The European Union (EU) is an economic and political partnership between 28 European countries. It plays an important role in international affairs through diplomacy, trade, development aid and working with global organisations. Abroad, the EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic representations, known also as EU Delegations, which have a similar function to those of an embassy.
The EU Delegation to the Republic of Kazakhstan ensures the representation of the European Union to the Republic of Kazakhstan, the follow-up of bilateral relations in the areas of political, economic, trade and external assistance cooperation (financial and technical), the bilateral sectorial cooperation; promotes and defends the values and interests of the EU; and carries out press and public diplomacy activities in pursuit of the above. The Delegation facilitates the implementation of the Enhanced Partnership and Cooperation Agreement and other bilateral memoranda of understanding.
We offer a post of Budget Officer . Under this post, the recruited person will be attributed functions depending on the needs of the Delegation. Upon recruitment, the successful candidate will occupy a specific job function as Budget Officer – this job function may be changed in accordance with the needs of the Delegation. Under this job function the successful candidate will serve as technical and support staff to the Finance, Contracts and Audit section under the supervision and responsibility of the relevant Head of Section.
Working conditions: Full time (37,5 hours/week) at the EU Delegation to Kazakhstan, 62 Kosmonavtov Street, Astana. (Local agent, Group I, starting monthly basic salary KZT 586,241.00.)
We offer a competitive position in an international environment. Benefits, such as additional pension scheme and medical insurance, are offered to employees and their families under certain conditions.
We look for:
- The candidate should have a Master or Bachelor Degree in International relations, Financial Sciences/Accounting or equivalent.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English and Russian. Knowledge of Kazakh or French will be considered an asset.
- Minimum working experience of five years (if you have a Master) or eight years (if you have a Bachelor) in the field of Finance or Accounting – experience working in an international organisation will be considered an asset. Experience in managing Audit will be considered as an asset.
- To provide administrative support as regards the accounting and related matters in compliance with the EU Financial Regulation and other legal requirements.
- Good communication skills and a team player.
How to apply
1) A pre-selection will take place based on the CV’s and motivation letters.
2) A written test will be arranged for the 5 best candidates (3 candidates will be chosen for an interview).
3) An interview will be organized for 3 candidates.
4) Scoring (100 points): 80 points will come from the written test, 20 points from the result of the interview.
The written tests and the interviews will take place in the office of the EU Delegation in Astana.
The Delegation will not supply additional information or discuss the selection procedure by telephone: please address any queries concerning this procedure to Delegation-Kazakhstan-Vacancies@eeas.europa.eu.
The deadline for applications is: Tuesday 21/11/2017 at 16:00hrs (Astana Time)