The following 2 positions are open in the context of the JPO Programme sponsored by the Government of Belgium.
They are exclusively addressed to candidates with Belgian citizenship.
Candidates should be no more than 32 of age as of 31 December of the year of application.
1. JPO in Humanitarian Affairs
Duration:1 year (with possible extension for another year)
2. JPO in Human Rights
- Provide assistance and support to OHCHR’s activities in the areas of women’s human rights, particularly related to wrongful gender stereotyping;
- Assist in implementing recommendations from OHCHR studies on gender stereotyping as a human rights violation and eliminating judicial gender stereotyping, including working with human rights mechanisms to address harmful gender stereotypes in their work;
- Assist in the development and implementation of activities on women’s human rights, including training materials on addressing judicial gender stereotyping;
- Assist in advising OHCHR colleagues, and partner UN entities, on women’s human rights in the context of international discussions, such as the Sustainable Development Goals, as well as at key forums such as the Commission on the Status of Women and the Human Rights Council
- Research and draft talking points and speeches on women’s human rights and wrongful gender stereotyping, for the High Commissioner, the Deputy High Commissioner, the Assistant Secretary General in NY, and other senior managers as requested
- Research and draft reports to the Human Rights Council on women’s human rights
- Assist in providing inputs to position papers, reports, and other documents developed by the Office on the areas
- Perform other duties as requested by the supervisor.