Vulcanus in Japan started in 1997. The programme consists of industrial placements for EU / COSME* students. It starts in September and ends in August of the following year in order to accommodate the academic year in EU Member States.
The students follow:
– a one-week seminar on Japan,
– a four-month intensive Japanese language course,
– and then an eight-month traineeship in a Japanese company.
– To study the range of advanced technologies employed by a leading Japanese host company.
– To learn Japanese and to understand and appreciate Japanese culture with a view to an enriching one year experience abroad.
– To be well placed in your future career to interact with Japanese businesses and people.
Who pays what
This programme is financed by the EU-Japan Centre for Industrial Cooperation and the Japanese host company. The EU / COSME * students are awarded a grant (Yen 1.900.000) to cover the cost of travel to and from Japan and living expenses in Japan. There is no charge for the language course and seminar, and accommodation is provided free of charge during the course and seminar and the company traineeship.
Are you eligible?
You must be:
– citizen of an EU Member-State or a COSME* partening country.
– a student of engineering or science at an EU / COSME university , enrolled in at least the fourth year of studies, when applying to the Vulcanus programme
– able to provide a certificate of enrollment at the university valid until at least 3 months prior to the starting of the programme
Deadline: 20 January 2017
Read more and apply here.