The European Asylum Support Office (EASO) strengthens European Union (EU) Member States practical cooperation on asylum, enhances the implementation of the Common European Asylum System (CEAS) and supports Member States whose asylum and reception systems are under particular pressure.
EASO is looking for a Communications Assistant, who will be working in the Executive Office and will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Provide assistance and logistical support to the Communication officer and spokesperson, including on financial processes, press, communication, publications and translations;
- Draft communication messages and press releases in cooperation with EASO’s communication officer and spokesperson;
- Building up and keeping strong relationships with EASO’s main stakeholders, including members of the press. In this context, the Communication Assistant will be required to keep up-to date contact lists;
- Ensure daily press monitoring and proper archiving of press articles, interviews and other relevant information as instructed by the EASO communication officer and spokesperson;
- Contribute to drafting EASO’s newsletter;
- Regularly update the EASO website and contribute to its development;
- Deliver administrative assistance to the overall planning and organisation of meetings and events organised or co-organised by the Executive Office, including the EASO Management Board, meetings with civil society and other stakeholders, and events co-organised with other EU institutions and EU agencies. This includes administrative support to the preparation of relevant meeting documents, logistical aspects and matters related to the media;
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Executive Director.
Candidates will be considered eligible for selection on the basis of the following formal criteria to be fulfilled by the deadline for applications:
1. A level of education that corresponds to post-secondary education attested by a diploma, or a level of education that corresponds to secondary education attested by a diploma giving access to post-secondary education and appropriate professional experience of 3 years;
2. Be nationals of one of the Member States of the European Union or Norway;
3. Be entitled to their full rights as citizens;
4. Have fulfilled any obligations imposed on them by the laws on military service;
5. Possess a thorough knowledge of one of the official EU languages and a satisfactory knowledge of another of these languages to the extent necessary for the performance of the duties pertaining to the post;
6. Meet the character requirements for the duties involved
7. Be physically fit to perform the duties linked to the post.
1. Proven work experience in communication related activities;
2. Experience in liaising with EU stakeholders and in mainstreaming communication;
3. Excellent use of MS Office, in particular Word and Excel;
4. Excellent command of spoken and written English.
1. Minimum of 2 years’ experience in drafting communication messages, press releases and in ensuring daily press monitoring and proper archiving of press articles;
2. Experience in a position related to the aforementioned duties in a European Union Institution, Agency or Body;
3. Post-secondary degree in a field related to communications (including EU studies, diplomacy, international relations, politics, etc.);
4. Experience in using Adobe InDesign or similar tools;
5. Good command of spoken and written French.
The place of employment is Valletta Harbour (Malta).
The closing date for submission of the applications is 4 September 2015 at 13:00h (Brussels time).