The Data Collection and Processing Officer will be working in the Centre for Information, Documentation and Analysis (CIDA) and will assist in the processing of the data collected by EASO from Member States as part of its Early warning and Preparedness System (EPS), or extracted from other sources, with particular responsibility in assuring the quality control of the data stored, its comparability and its completeness. The Data Collection and Processing Officer will contribute to the development and implementation of data collection schemes and assist the analysts of the EPS team in the preparation of EU-level asylum-related analyses related to the implementation of the CEAS.
The main task of the Data Collection and Processing Officer will therefore be to:
• Ensuring the collection and processing of data with particular responsibility in assuring the quality control of the data stored, in terms of accuracy, comparability and completeness;
• Communicating and liaising with data providers and national experts who are members of the Group for the Provision of Statistics (GPS), as part of the quality control procedure, and to guarantee the timeliness of the data reported;
• Contributing, as part of the EPS team, to the development and implementation of methodologies for data collection schemes according to the best practices in the field;
• Contributing to the development of data repositories and to the definition of the database structures; Setting up and managing data storage systems including quality assurance;
• Providing support to the analysis function of the Centre, in particular developing data analytics, visualisation and reporting using SAS, and other systems, to enable EU-level asylum-related analysis;
• Carry out any other relevant tasks as requested by the Head of Centre in the interest of EASO.
The reserve list for this post will be valid until 31 December 2015 and may be extended at the discretion of the Appointing Authority.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
The Contract Agent will be appointed by the Executive Director, upon recommendation of the Selection Committee, following the selection procedure.
He/she will be recruited as a Contract Agent pursuant to Article 3a of the CEOS for a period of 3 years which may be renewed. The Contract Agent post in question will be placed in group FG IV.
Successful candidates who are recruited will undergo an initial probation period of nine months.
The pay for a Contract Agent FG IV (grade 13, step 1) consists of a basic salary of EUR 3170.61 weighted by the correction coefficient (for Malta currently 83.40%) supplemented with various allowances, including expatriation and family allowances. The salaries of staff members are subject to a Community tax deducted at source. Staff members are exempt from national tax on salary and are members of the Community social security and pension schemes.
The place of employment is Valletta Harbour (Malta).
Application deadline: Tuesday, 7th of April at 13:00hrs (Brussels time).