|Position Title||:||Intern Budget and Finance|
|Duty Station||:||Regional Office Brussels, Belgium|
|Type of Appointment||:||Internship|
|Duration of Assignment||:||6 months, with the possibility for extension up to 9 months|
|Estimated Start Date||:||As soon as possible|
|Closing Date||:||15 October 2017|
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Priority is given to candidates who:
- are holding a scholarship for internship placements in international organizations and/or for whom internship is required to complete their studies;
- are sponsored by governmental/non-governmental institutions and/or academia to work on specific areas relevant to both IOM and the sponsor;
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Reginal Resource Management Officer (SRRMO) and the overall supervision of the Regional Resource Management Support Officer (RRMSO), the incumbent will act as intern for the Regional Resource Management Unit. He/she will have the following duties and responsibilities:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Assist in carrying out regional reviews related to financial and budgetary functions of the missions in the EEA region;
- Assist in monitoring and analysing the financial performance of EEA missions
- Assist in revision of budget and financial reports for RO’s projects according to donor relevant requirements, in coordination with involved field missions as applicable;
- Prepare billing for projects as and when required;
- Assist in the collection of documents and preparation of audits directly coordinated by RO Brussels;
- Assist in developing budget proposals for projects considering office and/or donors requirements;
- Assist in developing project structures and set up projects monitoring and administrative procedures vis-à-vis management and reporting;
- Participate in internal and external meetings as required;
- Perform other related duties as may be required.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Completion of secondary school. University degree in Accounting, Finance or related fields would be a distinct advantage.
- First professional experience or internship is an asset;
- Knowledge/experience with budgeting and reporting requirements is a distinct advantage;
- Good analytical skills and strong sense of details and accuracy;
- High level of computer literacy, in particular Excel;
- Personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility, drive for results, respect for diversity and creative thinking;
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds.
Fluency in English is required.
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
- Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
- The appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
- This post is subject to local recruitment. Only persons holding a valid residence and work permit for Belgium will be eligible for consideration.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications – Personal History Form and Cover Letter to IOMBrusselsApplications@iom.int by midnight 15 October 2017 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
To download Personal History Form please refer to:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 4/09/2017 until 15/10/2017