The Delegation of European Union to China is looking for a Trainee for its Environment Section for a period of maximum 6 consecutive months.
Traineeships are addressed mainly to young university graduates who have limited professional experience or who are starting a professional career. Traineeships may also be offered to students in their last years of University, in particular when traineeship can be a complement to their academic training.
- research and analyse information
- draft analytical reports on policies and sector developments in China
- attend and participate in meetings, seminars and conferences in Beijing
- support the section in the preparation of visits, missions and meetings as well as follow-up actions
The traineeship offers opportunities for contacts with the Chinese authorities, European counterparts (companies, institutions, …) and EU Member States. The successful candidate would have the opportunity to learn working methods and policies within a wide range of sectors.
- Traineeship is based at the Delegation of the European Union to China and Mongolia in Beijing
- Period of the traineeship is from 19 January 2015 to 19 July 2015
- Traineeship is full time (40 hours per week)
- The trainee will need to provide prove of sickness and accident insurance coverage in China which covers expenses occurred in China. For expatriate trainees, insurance with specific repatriation coverage is necessary
- All costs related to travel, accommodation, visa, sickness and accident insurance, possible repatriation insurance, etc. for the time spent during the duration of the traineeship in China are borne by the trainee
A Traineeship Agreement will be signed between the Traineeship Supervisor and the selected trainee before the start date of the traineeship. The trainee will have to declare that there is no real or potential conflict of interest and that he will observe a duty of discretion and non-disclosure of information.
The deadline for reception of applications is set for 08 hrs (GMT+8), on 28/11/2014. Interviews should take place within 4 weeks after this date.