Group Functions Informatics is a multicultural, dynamic team providing finance reporting & planning, treasury, HR and compliance solutions to the Roche community worldwide. Our internal Treasury Systems Team is responsible for the global Treasury operations system, mainly supporting customers in Corporate Treasury department but also affiliates around the world.
As an intern within our team you have growing interest in Finance IT, Treasury and ERP solutions as well in Project Management and an educational background in Business and/or Informatics. This internship position will allow you to get an understanding of the Treasury systems environment within Finance IT solutions in a global environment.
As an intern your main tasks will include:
- Day to day system monitoring of treasury systems & helpdesk in collaboration with other team members
- Tracking of status of defined KPI’s and taking necessary actions where needed
- Preparing training material for users and maintaining intranet material
Who you are
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
You are an enrolled student in the final phase of your Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar field.
For the position you bring the following qualification:
- Proven experience with programming languages in corporate environments or in student projects
- Exposure to Project Management methodologies or framework
- Basic understanding of general business process / Finance knowledge
- Good MS Excel skills (e.g. Excel functions, charts, etc.) and PowerPoint
- Good communication skills with both technical teams and business representatives
- Fluent in English (both writen and oral). Additional languages, e.g. German, French or Spanish are considered an asset
The preferred start date of the internship is March 1st 2016.
Applications need to include a CV and a motivation letter.
Due to regulations non-EU/EFTA citizens must provide a certificate from the university stating that an internship is mandatory as part of the application documents.
Who they are
Basel is the headquarters of the Roche Group and one of its most important centres of pharmaceutical research. Over 9,500 people from approximately 90 countries work in Basel, which is one of Roche`s largest sites.
Location: Switzerland, Basel-Town, Basel