Since its foundation in 1954, EM Ireland has had a tradition of accepting young people for work experience opportunities in their Dublin offices. This has been developed into a highly successful internship, or stage, programme, where final year students or recent graduates undertake a placement for between four to six months in our offices at 8 Lower Fitzwilliam Street, Dublin 2.
What’s In It For You
At European Movement Ireland, they take their Stage Programme very seriously and pride themselves in providing an enriching and rewarding experience, while also teaching their interns, or stagiaires, the skills required for working in a busy office. A stage is a great opportunity to learn about the EU through active engagement with their events, programmes and campaigns. Working as part of the EM Ireland team, successful candidates will be offered the following opportunities:
- Assignment of individual project work, working to a high level of own responsibility and initiative
- Opportunities for practical research, event management and direct stakeholder engagement
- Opportunity to learn about the EU, its Institutions, processes and policies in huge detail
- Development of highly transferable office skills
- First-hand engagement with the Irish legislative system, current issues and influential figures
- Direct experience with key players in the public affairs sector
- Career development advice and mentoring
- Subsidised travel
What They Need
Anyone interested in applying for a place on the EM Ireland Stage Programme should have the following:
- Good basic knowledge of the European Union is required
- Third-level degree in a field related to the work of the organisation, including, but not limited to; European Studies, Law, Politics, Communications, Economics, Business, etc.
- Ability to work as part of a team, in a busy office environment
- Excellent research skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Word and Outlook
- Good working knowledge of social media
- Knowledge of other European languages is preferable but not essential
How to Apply
Interns are accepted into the EM Ireland Stage Programme on a rolling basis, depending on their workload, upcoming events and projects and general requirements.