Transparency International (TI) is the global civil society organisation leading the fight against corruption. Through more than 100 chapters worldwide and an international secretariat in Berlin, Germany, TI raises awareness of the damaging effects of corruption and works with partners in government, business and civil society to develop and implement effective measures to tackle it.
Main function: The Social Media Specialist coordinates the social media strategy development and execution across TI-S social media channels.
Starting date: As soon as possible
Duration: limited for 2 years with the possibility of extension
Location: TI-Secretariat (TI-S), Berlin, Germany
Reporting lines: Manager Editorial and Publishing
Job grade: III
- Create, post and curate innovative content across TI Secretariat social media channels
- Coordinate and execute social media strategy for community growth, engagement, advocacy and content sharing, establishing effective benchmarks for measuring impact
- Lead community management and run high profile social media campaigns, including reactive and proactive communications, to effectively build and engage audiences
- Plan and execute social media and display advertising campaigns, measuring and reporting on performance against goals (ROI and KPIs)
- Leverage social media management and analytics tools to measure and track effectiveness, develop insights and recommendations for optimisation
- Advise TI-S departments and chapters on social media tactics
- Keep current with emerging digital trends and technologies
Knowledge, experience and skills:
- University degree or professional qualification in Communications, Journalism, Marketing or another relevant field
- Minimum of five years’ experience in digital marketing for an agency, international, campaign or media organisation
- Demonstrable experience leading and managing social media accounts and advertising campaigns for a major organisation
- Extensive experience using social media, personally and professionally, and track record of growing and maintaining a large digital audience
- Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform and motivate
- Ability to translate data into meaningful insights and actionable recommendations, as well as to explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences effectively
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in social and digital marketing and measurement
- Capable of managing multiple projects and priorities at the same time in a rapidly changing environment
- Extremely detail oriented and ability to multi-task under pressure
- Dynamic self starter; highly motivated, comfortable in taking initiative and able to work with minimum supervision
- Additional languages, especially Arabic, French or Spanish are desirable
Other information about the post and the location:
Transparency International and its global network offer an inspiring work environment with real learning opportunities and support. Berlin is an attractive metropolitan city with relatively low cost of living.
Qualified candidates should submit in the body of an email: a cover letter (max. 400 words) and CV. No attachments will be considered.
Deadline for applications is 17 April 2016.