Erasmus Student Network (ESN) is one of the biggest interdisciplinary student associations in Europe. It was founded on the 16th October 1989 and its aim is to support and develop student mobility. ESN conducts every year several transnational surveys and research projects on students’ mobility and internationalization of higher education.
ESN, together with CHE Consult (DE), Brussels Education Services (BE) and the Compostela Group of Universities (ES), are carrying out an impact study on the Erasmus programme launched by the European Commission. The consortium led by CHE Consult is currently conducting a comprehensive study investigating the impact of the Erasmus programme on students, staff, institutions and business/employers.
ESN hosts a Research & Proofreading Internship position under the contractual lead of CHE Consult for students in higher education to support the Erasmus Impact Study research in 2013.
Term and conditions
- For a duration of 6 months internship
- Have an Erasmus Placement, or Leonardo da Vinci or Internship Agreement
- Internship location will be the ESN` headquarters office at 15 rue Hydraulique, 1210 Brussels, Belgium
- Accommodation is covered by the organisation
- The applicants must be available from January 2013
Required skills and experience:
- Structured way of working
- Proficiency in written English (native speaker level)
- Good knowledge of editing
- Background in social sciences and literature
- Interest in high-level academic research, preferably with postgraduate experience
- Some knowledge of quantitative statistical and qualitative analysis
- Knowledge of research methodologies
- Knowledge of communication tools,
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Support the consortium with the Europe-wide research on the impact of mobility
- Assist the consortium partners in research and communication related tasks
- Communicating research results to various groups of audiences and stakeholders
- Assist the consortium with proofreading and editing tasks
- Using ESN communication tools and channels to promote our European projects
Deadline for the application is January 10, 23:59 CET.