Overall Description of the Post
To support the Head of the Rural Development Section in the implementation and coordination os the full range of cooperation activities related to SOCIAL PROTECTION and other areas of Food and Nutrition Security as required.
What you will be doing: Functions and Duties
POLICY ANALYSIS AND DIALOGUE – Technical Analysis and Advice
•To analyse social protection/security policies and social safety nets in Bangladesh
• To actively participate and provide technical&policy inputs on related social protection/security discussions, working groups and fora with Government of Bangladesh and stakeholders.
•To provide policy guidelines and recommendations to colleagues and partners for the operationalization of social protection systems/safety nets funded by the EU.
SPECIFIC PROJECT/PROCESS MANAGEMENT – Project/Process Management
• To identify, design and formulate programmes consistent and convergent with national social protection/security strategies, plans and programs.
• To carry out all tasks for assigned projects in all phases of the project cycle according to EU regulations.
SPECIFIC PROJECT/PROCESS MANAGEMENT – Coordination and Consultation
• To participate at inter-section co-ordination meetings
• To consult and involve other sections of the Delegation when required.
• To inform and explain activities of the Delegation to third parties.
BUDGET, FINANCE, CONTRACTS and ACCOUNTING – Financial and contractual management of projects.
• To verify the financial and budgetary aspects of projects and or programs carried out according to EU regulations.
• To prepare and negotiate grant, service and supply contracts.
OPERATIONAL and ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT and RESOURCES – Other related duties
• Perform any other activities and duties in the interest of the institution as required by his/her hierarchy.
The deadline for submission is Sunday, 14 September 2014 at 4.30 pm