To support the Head of Section/Thematic Group in the implementation and coordination of the full range of cooperation activities related to climate change and disaster preparedness.
What you will be doing: Functions and Duties
+ POLICY ANALYSIS AND DIALOGUE – Technical Analysis and Advice
•To analyse climate change and disaster management policies in Bangladesh.
• To actively participate and provide technical & policy inputs on related climate change, disaster management and resilience discussions, working groups and fora with Government of Bangladesh and stakeholders.
•To provide policy guidelines and recommendations to colleagues and partners for the operationalization & mainstreaming of climate change and disaster preparedness operations funded by the EU.
+ SPECIFIC PROJECT/PROCESS MANAGEMENT – Project/Process Management
• To identify, design and formulate programmes consistent and convergent with national climate change and disaster management strategies, plans and programs.
• To carry out all tasks for assigned projects in all phases of the project cycle according to EU regulations.
+ SPECIFIC PROJECT/PROCESS MANAGEMENT – Coordination and Consultation
• To participate at inter-section co-ordination meetings
• To consult and involve other sections of the Delegation when required.
• To inform and explain activities of the Delegation to third parties.
+ BUDGET, FINANCE, CONTRACTS and ACCOUNTING – Financial and contractual management of projects.
• To verify the financial and budgetary aspects of projects and or programs carried out according to EU regulations.
• To prepare and negotiate grant, service and supply contracts.
+ OPERATIONAL and ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT and RESOURCES – Other related duties
• Perform any other activities and duties in the interest of the institution as required by his/her hierarchy.
The deadline for submission is Sunday, 19 April 2015 at 4.30 pm