The EEAS, Western Balkans Division, requests EU Member States and European Institutions to second experts or to support the applications for contract regime to the available positions with the EUSR Support Team in Kosovo, according to the described requirements and profiles:
A. Essential Requirements
Citizenship – Citizen of a Member State of the European Union (EU) and enjoying full rights as a citizen.
Integrity – The participants must maintain the highest standards of personal integrity, impartiality and self-discipline within the EUSR Support Team. Participants are not allowed to provide or discuss any information or document as a result of access to classified and/or sensitive information related to the EUSR Support Team or respective tasks and activities. The participants shall carry out their duties and act in the interest of the EUSR.
Knowledge of the EU Institutions – Knowledge of the EU Institutions and international standards, particularly related to the Common Foreign and Security Policy, including the Common Security and Defence Policy.
Knowledge of the Western Balkans – Very good knowledge of the history, culture, social and political situation of the Western Balkans, in particular through field experience in a multilateral working environment.
Negotiation Skills – Must have excellent negotiating skills and the ability to work professionally in a stressful and diverse environment.
Flexibility and adaptability – Ability to work in arduous conditions with a limited network of support. Must be able to cope with possible extended separation from family. Ability to work as a team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Physical and mental health – Physically fit and in good health without any physical or mental problems or substance dependency which can impair operational performance in the EUSR Support Team.
Ability to communicate effectively in English and other languages – Must be fully fluent in written and oral English language. Knowledge of any of local languages will be an asset.
Computer Skills – Skills in word processing and spreadsheets are essential. Knowledge of other IT tools will be an asset.
B. Essential Documents and Requirements for the Selected Candidates
Passport – Possession of a valid diplomatic or service passport from the respective national authorities for seconded participants is optional.
Visas – Contributing States and Mission Members must ensure that visas are obtained for entry into Kosovo prior to departure from their home country. It is also essential to obtain any transit visas, which may be required for passage through countries en route to the Balkans/Kosovo area.
Security Clearance – Selected candidates should have or obtain a national security clearance “EU SECRET” level or equivalent.
Certificate / Booklet of vaccination – To be vaccinated according to the required immunisations for the geographical area. To be in possession of a valid certificate/booklet of vaccination showing all vaccinations and immunisations received
Medical Certificate – To be in possession of a valid certificate declaring fit to participate in the context of EUSR support team activities.
Driver Licence – Be in possession of a valid – including Balkans/Kosovo area – civilian driver licence for motor vehicles (Category B or equivalent). Being able to drive any 4 wheel drive vehicles.
C. Job Descriptions
Political Reporting Officer
Contracted/Seconded – Mission Support Management Level
(Reference VN 010/2015)
The Kosovo-based Reporting Officer of the European Union Special Representative in Kosovo (EUSR) Support Team will monitor and assess political developments in Kosovo with a view to coordinate and manage political reporting from the EUSR. S/he will assist the EUSR in providing regular reporting on the general situation in Kosovo as well as on special topics to Member States and EU bodies.
Under the supervision of the Senior Adviser on Political Affairs and under overall guidance of the EUSR, the Reporting Officer will, in accordance with the EUSR mandate, be expected to perform the following tasks:
• Prepare and implement a reporting plan with regular as well as thematic reports to be disseminated to the EU Member States and EU bodies under the guidance of the EUSR.
• Draft reports, political analysis and strategy papers as requested by the EUSR.
• Monitor political developments in Kosovo and relevant regional affairs.
• Monitor developments of relevance for the implementation of the EUSR mandate and prepare mandate implementation reports.
• Maintain close contact and liaison with the members of the EUSR and EU Office teams in order to ensure full coverage of office activities in the reporting
• Prepare readouts and minutes from various meetings.
• Accompany and support the EUSR as directed at meetings and occasionally on missions.
• Manage the EUSR document archive and secure data communications.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
• University degree in Political Sciences, International Relations, Diplomacy, Law, History, Social Sciences, Economics or other relevant subject.
• At least 4 years of working experience in a policy, analytical and/or implementation position in a national or international context.
• Possess a valid Security Clearance (at least at the level of EU SECRET). The selected candidate will be requested to provide a certificate from the relevant national authority.
• Sound knowledge of the EU Institutions and European policies, particularly related to the Common Foreign and Security Policy, including the Common Security and Defence Policy.
• Thorough understanding of the political situation in Kosovo and Western Balkans region.
• Excellent analytical, drafting and reporting skills.
• Very good interpersonal skills.
• Excellent spoken and written English. Knowledge of a local language (Albanian or Serbian) would be an advantage.
• Knowledge of rule-of-law and governance issues (advantage).
Application deadline: 21 January 2016