Political Economic Officer, Local Agent
The incumbent will work under the general supervision of the EUSR Head of Political Office and under the direct supervision of Special Economic Adviser. BiH has embarked upon a comprehensive reform agenda as part of its preparations for EU membership candidacy, an important part of which are reforms in the economic sector.
The overall function of the post is to provide expert support to the EUSRs activities to facilitate the BiH authorities in their implementation of these reforms. The successful candidate will be academically qualified and technically competent to perform requested research assignments, contribute to economic reporting as well as to perform administrative, logistical and linguistic duties. The Officer will work interactively with other EU actors/instruments and domestic organisations and offices in BiH as required.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
• Monitor political developments in BiH—especially as they pertain to economic policy— and analyse and alert senior colleagues to important developments as appropriate
• Prepare regular Reports on developments in the economy
• Contribute, as required, to research on designated topics
• Research and retrieve data needed for the work of the EUSR Political Office
• Draft background documents, charts and tables as required
• Contribute to drafting speeches and talking points as requested
• Maintain working level contacts with domestic authorities and international organizations and offices regarding current relevant issues and developments.
• Monitor developments in BiH relations with the international financial institutions
• Maintain appropriate level contacts with Civil Society and participate in Conferences as required
• Carry out other related duties as required.
Duty Station: Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Deadline for application: 27 November 2015