The University of Luxembourg is a multilingual, international research University.
Subject to funding of the position, the University of Luxembourg invites applications for its Faculty of Sciences, Technology and Communication for a
PhD Position in Civil Engineering (m/f)
- 14 months contract (renewable up to 3 years), 40 h per week
- Ref: F1R-ING-LAB-05ESBE-1
- Student status (3 years PhD studies program)
The PhD-student will work under the guidance of a professor on a research theme and will also assist in teaching. She/he should finish the work with a doctoral degree in engineering science.
Development of concrete products based on renewable raw materials
First, different concrete formulations based on renewable raw materials such as Miscanthus are developed and their mechanical and structural properties studied. It is necessary to develop mixtures, which are built on the basis of different types of Miscanthus. With these concrete formulations, different applications are designed for the manufacture in the precast industry. The analysis of these systems is done by using FE calculations through implementation of an appropriate material law. Individual tests will be carried out in the structural laboratory “Laboratory of Solid Structures” of the University of Luxembourg to check the calculated results.
The project will be realised in partnership with industry.
- Coordinate your work with the project partners and realise above described research project
- Write a doctoral thesis in engineering science based on this research project
- Assist in teaching activities (1 to 2 course hours per week or similar work load for supervision of student works or setup of new courses)
- Master degree in Civil Engineering
- Language skills: Good level of German or English or French
Deadline for application: December 31st, 2015