The EIB, the European Union’s bank, is seeking to recruit for its Personnel, Corporate Services Directorate – Quality, Management Support and Systems Department – Quality and Systems Division, at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a:
Junior Project and Change Management Officer
This is a full time position at grade 4/5
The term of this contract will be 4 years
The EIB offers fixed-term contracts of up to a maximum of 6 years, according to business needs, with a possibility to convert to a permanent contract, subject to organisational requirements and individual performance.
The Quality and Systems (QS) Division is responsible for the development and maintenance of the HR Bank-wide systems. Furthermore, it also provides project and change management support to the Personnel Directorate (HR) to ensure high quality management and delivery of cross-HR projects according to Personnel strategic priorities, as well as contributing to the implementation of the Project Management Office (PMO) within the Directorate. Finally, it supports the definition, update and review of the business processes of the Directorate.
The Junior Project and Change Management Officer will plan, coordinate and report on projects involving resources from multiple areas of Personnel. He/she will advise on necessary adaptations to Personnel processes and ways of working, systems and applications, define the associated communication and change management activities to be endeavoured, and contribute to the implementation of the Project Management Office (PMO) within the directorate.
The Junior Project and Change Management Officer reports to the Head of QS Division.
Internal contacts: works in close cooperation with colleagues at all levels from across Personnel (and possibly with other directorates impacted on the different projects) to ensure that relevant decisions are taken in due time, that project deliverables are achieved within budget and at the agreed level of quality, and that the relevant management staff is informed of progress.
External contacts: the post requires collaboration with external consultants and vendors.
The Junior Project and Change Management Officer will be in charge of:
- Taking ownership of assigned projects and acting as a key driver to for the business. This may include:
- Formulating business cases and project plans, including budget, scope, resources and planning, using relevant project management standards.
- Follow-up project teams according to the activities foreseen in the context of the project, while ensuring that project tasks are structured and allocated accordingly.
- Establishing and animating Steering Committees and reporting to management on project progress.
- Defining and animating all change management activities for the project.
- In the context of the Project Management Office (PMO) within Personnel, support the coordination of the different projects, and provide guidance and their project management expertise in their delivery whenever requested; this may include:
- Provide guidance to the project teams in Personnel, by reviewing activities related to planning, budget, resources’ allocation or scope – whenever requested by the business.
- Support the definition of change management plans to ease smooth delivery within the teams of the different project milestones.
- Deliver regular information to project managers and to Personnel management on the progress of the different projects (through regular reporting on timeline, costs and scope).
- Follow-up on project back office activities (project budget follow-up, project procurement, etc.).
- Master’s degree in Management or Engineering.
- At least 3 years of work experience as a Project Manager. Project Management Certification, either Prince2 or PMP/PMI would be an advantage.
- Experience gathered in project and change management for Public Administrations (especially large organisations) is preferred.
- Previous experience in project lead in HR domain would be considered as an asset.
- Experience in working with multicultural teams with individuals of various functional & technical backgrounds.
Key technical/professional knowledge and skills
- Excellent knowledge of project and change management principles.
- Proven record of project/change management success, Project Management Office (PMO) implementation.
- Good knowledge of how the Bank operates and is organised.
- Good knowledge of Personnel and its related processes/procedures would be an advantage.
- Sound interest for IT services (e.g. Enterprise Architecture) and IT market trends.
- High-level proficiency required in the following areas:
- Productivity: MS-Office, document management, Sharepoint, reporting tools.
- Applications: Peoplesoft would be an advantage.
- Fluent in English and/or French and good knowledge of the other.
- Ability to rapidly adapt and respond to changing priorities and environment
- Excellent communication skills (within teams and to management)
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to elicit cooperation from senior management and staff in other divisions/units
- Stress tolerance and demonstrating self-resilience and initiative
- Systems thinking
- Customer and result focus
- Strong organising and prioritising skills
- Reliability and flexibility
- Team player able to foster synergies
(*) There may be certain flexibility on this requirement, but limited to particularly suitable candidates who may not yet be proficient in French. If selected, such candidates will be hired on the condition that they build up rapidly knowledge of French and accept that their future career in the EIB may be subject to the attainment of sufficient proficiency in both of the Bank’s working languages
Deadline for applications: 2nd November 2016