The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is the United Nations system’s designated entity for addressing environmental issues at the global and regional level. Its mandate is to coordinate the development of environmental policy consensus by keeping the global environment under review and bringing emerging issues to the attention of governments and the international community for action.
This post is located in the Regional Office for Europe (ROE) at the Brussels duty station. Under the supervision of the Head of UNEP’s Liaison office to the European Union (EU), the incumbent will perform the following duties:
1. Actively initiate and maintain the communications of the UNEP Brussels Office’s activities and on UNEP’s products in general, towards all relevant players in Brussels working on the environment and the environment/development nexus, both within the EU internal policies as well as the multilateral level, in coordination with ROE communication officers.
2. Assisting in selection and identification of funding sources from the European Union institutions for matching with UNEP’s programme of work:
a) Screen and alert on calls for proposals from the European Commission (EC), and other EU institutions;
b) Screen administrative requirements of funding sources;
c) Inform UNEP’s divisions on modalities for submitting project proposals to the EC;
d) Facilitate dialogue for access of UNEP to EC direct grants.
3. Assisting in screening projects proposals submitted against requirements of the EC:
a) Check and consolidate final submission of projects proposals to the EC.
4. Organisation of meetings and training:
a) Organise meetings on funding opportunities, set up contacts between relevant EC services and UNEP’s project managers;
b) Set up internal trainings on EU funding mechanisms for UNEP’s projects managers;
5. Seek financial support for UNEP’s activities from other sources: private sector, foundations.
6. Perform other duties as assigned.
Deadline for applications 20 November 2013