The European Chamber of Commerce (EuroCham) promotes and supports European business interests and represents European member companies within Indonesia. The Chamber provides it’s members with a wide range of services and works to improve market access for European companies in Indonesia through information sharing and proactive advocacy with the Government of Indonesia. EuroCham serves its member companies by being the voice of European business in Indonesia and by lobbying on trade and investment related issues. It is a non profit fee based membership organisation.
EuroCham is seeking an Executive Director based in Jakarta on a full-time basis.
Reporting to the Board of Management, the Executive Director (ED) will have strategic and operational responsibility for Eurocham’s staff, programs, expansion, and execution of its mission. S/he will initially develop a deep knowledge of key stakeholders, core programs, operations, and business plans.
EuroCham is inviting candidates with core competencies including Leadership; Chamber Management; European Business Practices; EU co-funded project; Legal and Regulatory; Human Resources; Finance; Fund Raising and Relationship Management with Stakeholders, the Indonesian Authorities and Business Community.
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Overseeing and monitoring the efficient and effective day-to-day operation of EuroCham
- Ensuring the operation of the EuroCham meets the expectations of its Board and Member companies
- Identify, assess, and inform the Board of internal and external issues, regulatory and legal changes that affect the Chamber and its member companies
- Provide support to the Board by preparing meeting agenda, reporting , presentations, and other supporting material for the monthly Board meeting
- Overseeing and managing fund raising activities as appropriate
- Representing EuroCham in key relations with Indonesian authorities and the wider business community.
- Managing the planning, implementation and evaluation of the EuroCham’s programs and services
- Working with the Board to develop a vision and strategic plan to guide the Chamber
- Establishing good working relationship with community groups, sponsors, Indonesian government and other organisations to help achieve the goals of the EuroCham
- Overseeing the future growth and development of Membership, events and sponsors
- Management of the Annual General Meeting
- Overseeing the implementation of the Human resources policies, procedures and practises
- Establishing a positive, healthy and safe work environment in accordance with all appropriate legislation and regulations
Executive Director required knowledge, skills and qualifications:
- Preferable University Masters degree in a related field
- Minimum of 10 years experience within a business and /or Chamber environment
- Knowledge of Chamber management including financial management, project management and EU co-funded projects
- Knowledge of human resources management
- Fluent in English and preferably conversation ability in Bahasa Indonesia.
Key personal attributes :
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with others both internally and externally to achieve the goals of EuroCham
- Employ effective communication tools and styles both written and spoken as required to deliver clear, thorough and comprehensive messages
- Strong organisational skills with ability to set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities
- A willingness to be flexible and tolerant in an ever changing work environment
Application deadline is Dec 10th, 2015