The Interpretation and Conference Services includes all the components found in established International Organisations for the provision of modern conference services, including bookings, planning and coordination, and the provision of technical multimedia support, room preparation and interpretation for all official NATO languages and others on request.
The incumbent will provide simultaneous and occasionally consecutive interpretation from and into English and French for meetings at NATO Headquarters (HQ) and on missions abroad to which he/she is assigned. He/she will also provide support to the Interpretation Service by assisting in other activities as required (terminology, coaching, etc). He/she will work under the supervision of a Senior Interpreter Team Leader, as directed by the Head Interpreter.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The incumbent must:
- hold a university degree or equivalent, complemented by proven conference interpretation skills;
- have either English or French as mother tongue (AIIC “A”) and the other language as an active language (AIIC “B”);
- have at least 2 years’ experience as a simultaneous conference interpreter, interpreting from English to French and French to English;
- have extensive knowledge, inter alia, of international relations, military and defence matters, economics, Information and Communication Technology (ICT), administration, budgetary procedures, terminology and knowledge of key NATO figures;
- be prepared to work unsocial hours and on the weekend if required;
- possess the following minimum levels of NATO’s official languages (English/French): VI (“Proficiency”) in both.
The following would be considered an advantage:
- both English and French as mother tongues (AIIC ‘A’ language);
- a degree in Conference Interpretation from a recognised institution.
LOCATION: NATO Headquarters, Brussels, Belgium
Application deadline: 11 March 2015