Daily responsibilities will depend on the individual’s background; the intern’s assigned office as well as the internship period.
Under the direct supervision of the Communications/Information Assistant of the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) Brussels Office, the intern will do the following:
- EU outreach
– Support the implementation of outreach strategies in order to raise UNEP’s profile in the development and environment fields
– Contribute to the identification of areas of common interest between the EU institutions & UNEP
– Canvass for opportunities to collaborate on areas of common interest with EU institutions, and investigate new mediums for partnership building such as through social media
- Monitoring EU developments
– Collect and monitor EU news and information on political developments, important decisions etc
– Attend and report on conference and meetings, especially those with high-level attendees speaking on topics relevant to UNEP’s mandate
- Outreach events
– Support the organization & undertaking of high-level visits and events
– Support the launch of UNEP reports in Brussels
- Information management
– Manage the updating of UNEP’s online tools for information exchange with the EU
– Assist in keeping a good flow of internal information
- Other ad hoc duties
– Contribute to other UN entities on collaborative events
The UNEP Liaison Office to the EU internship is for 6 months.
Please note: The Internship is UNPAID and full-time.
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Application deadline: 12 November 2014