International IDEA – The International Institute for Democracy and Electoral Assistance
The International Institute for Democracy and Electoral Assistance – International IDEA is an intergovernmental organization that supports sustainable democracy worldwide. International IDEA’s mission is to support sustainable democratic change by providing comparative knowledge, and assisting in democratic reform, and influencing policies and politics.
International IDEA acts as a catalyst for democracy building; by providing knowledge resources, policy proposals and supporting democratic reforms in response to specific national requests. It works together with policy makers, governments, UN organizations and agencies and regional organizations engaged in the field of democracy building.
International IDEA develops, shares and enables the use of comparative knowledge in its key areas of expertise: electoral processes,constitution building,political participation and representation, democracy and development and democracy assessments.
It also addresses the important issues of gender, diversity, and conflict and security as they relate to democracy.
International IDEA is based in Stockholm, Sweden, and works worldwide through offices in New York, Brussels, The Hague, Latin America, Africa and Asia.
The International Institute for Democracy and Electoral Assistance – International IDEA – is an intergovernmental organization that supports sustainable democracy worldwide. Its objective is to strengthen democratic institutions and processes. International IDEA acts as a catalyst for democracy building by providing knowledge resources, policy proposals and supporting democratic reforms in response to specific national requests. It works together with policy makers, governments, UN organizations and agencies and regional organizations engaged in the field of democracy building.
The Human Resources internship position will be based in the Human Resources Unit at International IDEA’s Headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden. The HR Unit is a strategic partner to the organisation, providing advice and support to all International IDEA’s offices.
The intern, under the guidance of the Head of Human Resources and Organizational Development shall perform the following duties:
- Supports the HR team with the compilation and analysis of HR information and data;
- Explores innovative ways to improve HR reporting, and helps with the development of policy related templates;
- Assists the HR team with the development of job profiles within International IDEA;
- Assists with the maintenance of HR’s Intranet and Facebook Workplace page;
- Assists with the performance management process, identifying potential areas for improvement;
- Provides support to other on-going and emerging human resources projects.
Expected outcome/learning opportunities:
The intern is expected to benefit from the position by gaining insights, experience and knowledge on:
- The workings of a human resources unit within an intergovernmental organization;
- Producing reports and analyzing Human Resources data;
- Typical job profiles of an intergovernmental organization;
- Human Resources related policies and procedures.
The objective of the internship is to provide a learning opportunity for an interested and talented student within a relevant study area. The intern is expected to act as part of the team, learning from all team members in their different capacities.
Management and Organization:
The intern will be supervised by the Head of Human Resources and Organizational Development and/or any other person designated by him/her. The intern will be provided with a work-station at IDEA.
Timing and Work plan:
The internship position will be full-time with an ideal start date in November 2017 duration of the internship will be 3-6 months. The intern will work office hours 9-17 if not otherwise agreed with the Supervisor.
Qualifications and required skills:
- Student or recent graduate in a Human Resources related degree programme;
- Analytical, drafting and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to appreciate diversity and work as part of a team;
- Ability to assess, manage and structure information;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office package (including Excel) and Internet.
- Fluent written and oral English required;
- Spanish, French or Arabic language skills would be an asset.
Terms of internship:
All internships at International IDEA are unpaid, and Insurance cover in respect of travel, health, medical costs, disability, accident and death is not provided by International IDEA. It would be your responsibility to make your own insurance arrangements to ensure such cover.
Please send your application in English 24 October 2017.