The International Institute for Democracy and Electoral Assistance — International IDEA is looking for a Finance and Administration Officer
To support the Finance & Administration Manager in the overall management of the office of the Africa Programme and provide high level financial and administrative support in accordance with the Unit’s needs and requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Processes invoices, project advance requests, project expenditure reports, utilities, fuel etc. and prepares payment requests accordingly;
- Assists with expenditure control, advising team members on possible cost saving measures;
- Prepares and supports the administration and performance management of contracts and agreements for service providers and/or partner organizations;
- Coordinates and monitors the usage and maintenance of the office vehicles and electric generator;
- Prepares and follows up the collection of VAT refunds from Ethiopian Revenue and customs authorities;
- Prepares monthly expenditure receipts and reports after entering the data in to the centralized accounting system;
- Reconciles the bank statement and petty cash fund of the office on a monthly basis;
- Produces and regularly updates cash flow forecasts and notifies the Finance and Administration Manager to make remittance requests to HQ to ensure sufficient fund is available to meet the program commitments;
- Operates and maintains the use of computerized accounting system and spread sheet to assist with day to day accounting procedures and with reporting requirements;
- Ensures compliance with donor financial and procurement policies for donor funded projects;
- Keeps records for fixed assets and updates them on a quarterly basis;
- Facilitates imports of the company with Logistics and Protocols Officer, MoFA, DHL or UPS;
- Carries out other duties as assigned by the Finance and Administration Manager or any person designated by him/her.
The International Institute for Democracy and Electoral Assistance — International IDEA is an intergovernmental organization that supports sustainable democracy worldwide. Its objective is to strengthen democratic institutions and processes. International IDEA acts as a catalyst for democracy building by providing knowledge resources, policy proposals and supporting democratic reforms in response to specific national requests. It works together with policy makers, governments, UN organizations and agencies and regional organizations engaged in the field of democracy building.
International IDEA’s notable areas of expertise are: electoral processes, political parties, constitution-building processes, democracy and gender and democracy assessments. International IDEA works worldwide. It is based in Stockholm, Sweden, and has offices in Brussels, New York, Latin America, Africa and Asia.
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Application deadline: 07 July 2015