Time and place: Nov 7, 2013 09:00 AM – Nov 8, 2013 06:00 PM, Blindern Campus, Lucy Smiths hus, Rådsalen
Department of Literature, Area Studies and European Languages, Department of Culture Studies and Oriental Languages and Department of Archeology, Conservation and History
Main questions to the debate
• What is imagined as Europe and who is European?
• How does “intra-European” migration influence the way we look at the questions raised by immigration?
• How do “European” immigrants experience their status in relation to their lands of origin and their host countries?
• How do “European” immigrants experience their status in relation to other migrants and the majority groups?
• What role does “Europeanness” play in relation to questions regarding the integration of migrants, discrimination and “othering”?
Cost: The conference is free to attend and will include complimentary lunch and coffee for all participants on both days. All paper presenters will be invited to an official dinner on Thursday, 7 November.
Financial help: A limited number of travel and accomodation scholarships will be available for researchers without travel funds.
Titles and abstracts (app. 500 words), along with a short bio-note (less than 100 words) are to be sent to by 1st of September 2013.
Read more and apply here.